CHILD SAFE STANDARDS
Our School - Child Safe Standards
The Victorian Government is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
As part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to implementing the recommendations of the Betrayal of Trust report, all schools have compulsory standards of compliance to ensure they are well prepared to protect children from abuse and neglect.
To create and maintain a child safe organisation, Kismet Park Primary School has implemented:
1. Strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety, including through effective leadership arrangements
2. A child safe policy or statement of commitment to child safety
3. A code of conduct that establishes clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children
4. Screening, supervision, training and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel
5. Processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse
6. Strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse
7. Strategies to promote the participation and empowerment of children.
You can access the key policies on our Child Safe page in the Parent Information section of our site.